[asterisk-users] [OpenSIPS-Users] 404 When BYE initiated by external callee

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Apr 9 14:04:03 CDT 2013

Nick Khamis wrote:

> Hey Joshua,
>
> It was a poor choice of words on my part. What I meant to say was
> whether the problem was due to our asterisk configuration re-writing
> the RR when initiating the INVITE to our SIP trunk provider. Not sure if
> you had looked at the SIP trace included in the original email? If not
> I can resend it.

I saw, but my response stands. Asterisk does not rewrite anything. The
outgoing leg to your SIP trunk is completely separate, it is not a
forwarded/modified INVITE. With the information you have available I
don't think Asterisk is the problem here. The traces also illustrate
this, the BYE in the trace is from a completely different call than the
other messages. (You can see by looking at the Call-ID).

--
Joshua Colp