[asterisk-users] OT - How to simulate public IPs for lab testing

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 8 09:36:51 CDT 2013

Hello,

Many times, I need to test in a lab Asterisk servers before sending them to
customer locations.
I'm currently having trouble to test SIP trunks without touching SIP
configuration.

So, how should I change my testing lab so that I could now test SIP trunks
without modifying Asterisk server under test ?

A typical set up is:

Asterisk server1 under test <---SIP----> Router <----- SIP ----> Lab's
Asterisk  server2

All machines (server1, router and server2) have Internet access.
Router and server2 have a private address.

Ideally, router should get customer's public adress (eg 1.2.3.4), server2
should also get my ITSP public address (eg 4.3.2.1) and both machines
should route trafic to each other without leaving my LAN and using Internet
access.

What would you suggest ?

Regards