[asterisk-users] white noise on conference

Valer Nur valernur at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 02:25:20 CDT 2012

Gary,

It sounds to me that this issue might relate to the quality of the hardware.

Anyway, to analyze/solve the problem you can do the following:

Install PBXMate. Modify your dial-plan to route conference-bridge calls, to go to the PBXMate. So the flow will be:Phone->PBXMate (Sip Trunk) -> Conference Bridge.

Now, for each call, the PBXMate will show you the noise level on both sides, i.e. the noise level going upstream to the conference bridge and the noise level going down-stream to the phone.  This should give you an insight to analyze the problem.

As a bonus, the PBXMate will also clean the noise.