[asterisk-users] User expected behavior of musiconhold and AGI's "stream file"

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Sep 28 07:23:41 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I am your friendly neighborhood developer here with a question that may
impact some of you.

Right now there is a small discussion occurring on the Asterisk
development mailing list about the expected behavior of music on hold
and AGI's "stream file". Presently if you start music on hold and then
call "stream file" the music on hold will be *stopped* but not *restarted*.

Do you think this behavior is correct?

Do you depend on this behavior knowingly?

Do you depend on this behavior without knowing it?

The proposition on the mailing list is to add yet another knob to allow
you to control whether it is restarted or not upon completion of the
stream file and to change the default behavior for Asterisk 12 to have
it restart music on hold.

I look forward to your responses so you can help with the ultimate
decision for this discussion.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp