[asterisk-users] 100 outgoing calls - 10 at a time - /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

Aldo Bergamini aaberga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:11:37 CDT 2012

On 28 Sep 2012, at 13:27, Leif Madsen <leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org> wrote:

> Generally the preferred method when you're doing this programatically anyways is to use an external script through the Asterisk Manager Interface to generate your calls.
>
> Luckily, Russell Bryant has recently create an amioriginate.py[0] script which he's using as an example in the upcoming Asterisk: The Definitive Guide 4e book.
>
> [0] https://github.com/russellb/amiutils
>

> --
> Leif Madsen
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk

Hi Leif,

I am happy to hear that a new release of The Book is in the works!

I will have a look at Russell's script as soon as I am back at my work chair: there is however something I am very curious about: it is how you ask Asterisk, over AMI, to launch an external command, script, etc.

I was (falsely) assuming that you need a channel to launch a script upon..

To be able to trigger 'commands' over AMI, before any channel exists, opens immense possibilities!!

TIA,
Aldo

Sent from my iPhone