[asterisk-users] 100 outgoing calls - 10 at a time - /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

Patrick Archibald patrick.archibald at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 20:01:49 CDT 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to move 100 .call files in to
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ at once and have Asterisk call at
maximum 10 at a time?

The maxcalls setting in asterisk.conf will limit the number of calls
but not gracefully. The calls over 10 just fail. I need to queue them
up.

I can certainly write a program to limit the number of simultaneous
outgoing calls but before I do that I thought I would ask if there is
another solution.

Thanks in advance.

Rock on, PLA

Patrick L Archibald