[asterisk-users] MySQL InnoDB or MyISAM for CDR

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:45:00 CDT 2012

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:23:35 +0200
From: lenz.loway at gmail.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] MySQL InnoDB or MyISAM for CDR

I'd go for MyISAM and would set up a remote replica if data integrity is important.

If you have like 1000 calls of (say) 30 seconds avg length, and you create 10 events per call, you would expect an event every three seconds. This is about 300 inserts per second. Say 600 at peaks. This should be feasible with server-grade hardware without much difficulty. Also as you always INSERT it behaves as a log file (no seeking, no locking) if the table is optimized.
l.

We decided to go with MyISAM since it supports concurrent
        inserts (as you suggested). Data integrity (a slight loss of call records) is something we can live by. Right now we use DRBD for replication, but I guess with MyISAM it doesn't make much sense if the db crashes. We are looking into other options as well.

Thanks.