[asterisk-users] FAX via Asterisk

Shanavaz E A shanavazea at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 01:15:45 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am also looking for a fax solution. I use Cisco ATA adapter with fax machine and sending of fax works perfectly. But receiving fails after call is answeredby the fax machine. It may be a problem of the fax machine also. The configuration is simple. I use CISCO SPA 112 – 2 Port Phone Adapter. First connect an anlog phone to the adapter and dial the number given in the manual. You get an IVR menu to configure IP address. Once IP address is configured you can get into the web interface and configure it just like any other SIP extension. Then map the fax DID to that SIP extension in the extensions.conf. Thats it.

But here my problem is receiving dont work.
Patrick, can you please give the steps to configure fax with iaxmodem and hylafax. Is it free to use?

Thanks & Regards,
Shanavaz.