[asterisk-users] Dial plan order of operations

Asterisk Newb asterisk.newbie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:35:38 CDT 2012

Hello all,

I inherited an Asterisk 1.2 machine and I have a question about the order
of operations.

I want to give people the ability to dial specifics and block others. For
example, lets say NYC

[allowed]
exten => _1212555., 1,Authenticate(pins||3,j)
exten => _1212555., 2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN)@mycarrier)
exten => 102,Hangup

exten => _1212.,s,Goto(denied,s,1)

[denied]
exten => s,1,Playback(num-outside-area)
exten => s,2,Hangup

What I would like to do it allow a specific and deny the rest. Mind you the
allowed will be everything EXCEPT what is allowed. My question is, will the
above work? Please don't comment on upgrading, this is an inherited system
which I cannot update.