[asterisk-users] Trigger Asterisk after data inserted in mysql

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Sep 19 16:14:47 CDT 2012

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:44:47 -0700
"C. Savinovich" <c.savinovich at itntelecom.com> wrote:

> Hello David,

> I apologize if mistaken, but out of curiosity, can you please refer
> me to where in the rules it says that we can not top-post in this
> list?

It's understandable that many are unaware of the rules, since it took
some hunting for me to find them again.  They aren't mentioned at all on
any of the mailman pages at lists.digium.com.  The rules can be found
here:

http://www.asterisk.org/community/rules

Anyway, there are many who like to top-post, and I'm not interested in
a holy war.

I just wanted to point out that if you want to top-post, it may be
worthwhile to consider ways to minimize the impact--like phrasing the
answer so that the question is immediately apparent, and you don't force
your readers to scroll down, possibly dodging signatures, disclaimers,
pasted logs, and dragons, just to get to the question being answered.