[asterisk-users] SRTP & asterisk 1.8.x & SNOM

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 05:06:55 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 19 September 2012, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi;
>
> It seems the SNOM Phones are requesting to have SRTP but I do not have the
> module res_srtp.
>
> I tried to compile it with asterisk 1.8, make menuselect, but I found that
> it can not be used (I am not able to select it) with the following
> details:
>
> Secure RTP SRTP
> Depends on: srtp E
> Can use: N/A
> Conflicts with: N/A
>
> So, how I can use it?
> What I have to do to know the reason for not being able to use it?

Things not compiling despite their dependencies apparently being satisfied is
almost always a sign of a missing developers' package  (and since you're
building software from source, you're considered a developer).  If you're
using Debian or Ubuntu, try

$ sudo apt-get install libsrtp0-dev

If you're using some RPM-based distro, they typically use -devel as a suffix to
indicate developers' packages.  Check your repository.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.