[asterisk-users] Hangup not detected

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 02:58:00 CDT 2012

On Tuesday 18 September 2012, Satria Anamarta wrote:
> Hi,
> I just realize in these few days there are many calls that already hangup
> but not detected by Asterisk.
> Those calls occupy PSTN lines and need to be manually terminated through
> Flash Operation Panel or phycally disconnect the PSTN lines.
> This never happen before but as long as I can remember, there are no change
> in configuration.
>
> Any ideas how to solve this?

If you are using analogue phone lines in some country that uses a British-
style telephone system  (line wires called "A" and "B", not "tip" and "ring";
polarity reversal before ringing; double ring on incoming call),  then by
design only the calling party can terminate a call once established.  If
someone rings you and you hang up but they stay on the line, you will still be
connected to them if you later pick up the phone -- the call is only
disconnected once the calling party hangs up.

Asterisk is aware of this, and takes steps to mitigate it.  The fix is simply
to make sure you specify the correct country in your DAHDI configuration.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.