[asterisk-users] Need to record user voice while play background music

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Sep 14 10:10:02 CDT 2012

Un-top-posting...

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, RAJNI VANZA wrote:
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience for recording user voice
> while play background music?

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Steve Edwards wrote:
>
> What methods have you tried?

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, RAJNI VANZA wrote:

> I have tried with Monitor(), MixMonitor() and conference (meetme) in
> dilaplan. By using Monitor() in dialplan recording is done through in,
> out two file mix in one recording file created but its not so good
> result.

I'd vote for mixmonitor(). I use it to record calls in a 'third party
verification' system. Interestingly (at least in 1.2), you can record the
entire call in 1 file (for debugging) while recording parts in other files
for delivery to the client. The 'parts' are assembled using sox in an AGI
at the completion of the call.

--
Thanks in advance,