[asterisk-users] Fax Detect on Demand

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 14 09:19:05 CDT 2012

2012/9/13 Eric Wieling <EWieling at nyigc.com>

> Yes.  Trivial
>
> Off the top of my head:
>
> exten => 12125551212,1,Set(EMAIL=john.doe at example.com)
> exten => 12125551212,n,Answer
> exten => 12125551212,n,Wait(4)
> exten => 12125551212,n,Dial(SIP/1212)
>
> exten => fax,1,ReceiveFax(/tmp/myfax.tiff)
> exten => fax,n,AGI(yourfax2emailagi.php,${FAXEXTEN},${EMAIL})
>
> The Answer and Wait are required for faxdetection to work.

It doesn't work for me : using your example, SIP phone 1212 user would pick
its handset up when it starts to ring, he would hear CNG tone but nothing
happens and dialplan's fax extension is not entered.
In my setup, I used a fax machine connected to an Asterisk FXS port.
This machine dialed the SIP phone.

I also used SendFAX application with the very same SIP phone and it did
work the same way: callee could hear fax tone and branching to fax
extension didn't happen.
Nothing in CLI showed fax tone recognition.

In your setup, which type of incoming channel was calling the extension
121255551212 ?

You did set SIP1212 faxdetect to yes, didn't you ?
Did you enter any value sup t38p_udptl parameter ?

As a side note, if I tweak FXS port setting to detect fax, it works.