[asterisk-users] Automatic reconnect to ODBC sources?

Stefan at WPF stefan.at.wpf at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:17:58 CDT 2012

I am using Asterisk 1.8.10.1 on Ubuntu Server 12.04. I use MySQL to store
CDR records using cdr_adaptive_odbc.
The problem: When the MySQL Server fails for whatever reason, Asterisk
never reconnects automatically! So I loose all CDR informations even after
the MySQL server works again.
isql (used as ODBC testtool) tells me, that ODBC reconnects or does a new
connection on request, so ODBC seems not to be the problem, but Asterisk.
Is there any automatic reconnect option on Asterisk concercing ODBC /
cdr_adaptive_odbc? My complete configuration including ODBC is as follows:

*ODBC:

/etc/odbcinst.ini
*

> [MySQL]
> Description = ODBC for MySQL
> Driver = /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so
> Setup = /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/odbc/libodbcmyS.so
> FileUsage = 1
> OPTION = 4194304

*/etc/odbc.ini *

> [asterisk-connector]
> Description           = MySQL connection to 'asterisk' database
> Driver                = MySQL
> Database              = asterisk
> Server                = localhost
> UserName              = root
> Password              = password
> Port                  = 3306

*

ASTERISK CDR*:

*/etc/asterisk/res_odbc.conf*

> [asterisk]
> enabled => yes
> dsn => asterisk-connector
> username => root
> password => password
> pre-connect => yes
> pooling => no
> limit => 1
> connect_timeout => 1
> idlecheck => 1

*/etc/asterisk/cdr_adaptive_odbc.conf  *

> [mytable]
> connection = asterisk
> table = asterisk_cdr

*/etc/asterisk/cdr.conf*