[asterisk-users] Asterisk hangs while starting in OpenSuse 12.2

Gopalakrishnan N gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 04:42:59 CDT 2012

Hi,

I have started asterisk using strace, and the log is listed in pastebin
http://pastebin.com/ry2Q1e6x

Moreover, for some peoples Asterisk is properly installed in OpenSuse 12.1
(i586), can you please correct me with the installation steps what I did,
my steps as follows,

   1. OpenSuse fresh installation
   2. Login to root in terminal (sudo -i)
   3. Download libpri, dahdi and Asterisk
   4. Install libpri and dahdi (even though I am not using any dahdi
   hardware) - make and make install
   5. Installation of Asterisk (./configure, make menuconfig, make, make
   install and make samples)
   6. Start Asterisk (asterisk -vvvvc) - here hangs while loading modules.

any other packages has to be installed or the installation is fine! please
advice!

Regards.