[asterisk-users] high capacity analog <-> sip gateway

Jim Lucas lists at cmsws.com
Thu Oct 25 20:09:21 CDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 01:21 PM, Justin Killen wrote:
> I'm looking for an fxs<->  sip gateway/router/switch for about 100 existing analog phones.  I'd like to get this done cheaply, but I want to make sure that whatever we buy works well with asterisk as well.  As far as I can tell, digium make no such device.  The only ones I've been able to find with a 48 port capacity are these two:
>
> Sangoma Vega 5000 50 FXS + 2 FXO Gateway (http://www.voipsupply.com/sangoma-vega-5000-50fxo-2fxs)
> Realtone WSS120 VoIP Gateway (http://www.realtonetech.com/product/voip-gateways/86-wss120-series-voip-gateways.html#description)
>

> Does anyone have any experience with either of these products/vendors, or any suggestions for a different piece of hardware?
>
> Thanks
> -Justin
>

> --

How about this for a setup:

4 port T1 cards
(1) Digium TE405P (PCI)                ~$600 (used)
or
(1) Digium TE420 (PCI-e 1x)            ~$1300 (used)

and then
(4) Adtran Total Access 624 (TA624)    ~$75 (used)
     24 port channel bank

We use the TA624's CPE all the time.  They are very hard to kill.

--
Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/