[asterisk-users] How to tie orders taken to specific CDR records

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Thu Oct 25 11:18:45 CDT 2012

Our phone operators work off of an Asterisk queue.  They take calls from
customers and take orders with our back end systems.  What I need to be
able to do is tie the orders taken to the specific CDR record that
reflects the call from which the order originated.

The typical/sample CDR table doesn't have a primary key.  I can add an
auto-generated PK, but the CDR is not written until the call ends, when
the orders have already been placed.  (Even if the CDR was written
earlier, could I retrieve the generated PK from it in the dialplan somehow?)

Is there some combination of fields in the CDR that might uniquely
identify a specific call?

Open to any and all ideas.

--

Mitch