[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 not playing parking slot announcement to parker

John Taylor john at vetsurgeon.org.uk
Thu Oct 25 07:25:28 CDT 2012

Just upgraded to 1.8, we use the multi lot parking feature by dialling *4.
We are not getting the parking slot announcement being played to the person
who parks the call, so it's impossible to tell which slot they've gone
into. Could someone check our config?

On Debian Squeeze using packages from
http://packages.asterisk.org/debsqueeze main (Asterisk
1.8.11.1-1digium1~squeeze)

/etc/asterisk/features.conf
[general]
transferdigittimeout => 5 ; Number of seconds to wait between digits when
transferring a call
xfersound = beep ; to indicate an attended transfer is complete
xferfailsound = unavailablebeep ; to indicate a failed transfer
featuredigittimeout = 2000 ; Max time (ms) between digits for
atxfernoanswertimeout = 15 ; Timeout for answer on attended transfer
default is 15 seconds.
[featuremap]
atxfer => *1 ; Attended transfer
blindxfer => *2 ; Blind transfer  (default is #)
automon => *3 ; One Touch Record a.k.a. Touch Monitor
parkcall => *4
;***multitenant callparking
#include /etc/asterisk/features.multiparking.conf

/etc/asterisk/features.multiparking.conf
[parkinglot_mhill]
context => mhillpark
parkpos => 1-9
findslot => first
parkinghints => yes ; Add hints priorities automatically for parking slots
(default is no).
parkedmusicclass => classical
parkingtime => 7200
parkedcalltransfers => both