[asterisk-users] TON always unknown in RDNIS (outgoing calls)

Gianluca Merlo gianluca.merlo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:43:32 CDT 2012

Hello,

first of all, this is my first time asking for advice on this mailing list, so
I apologize and thank in advance for your help. Also, besides having access to
rather advanced equipment, maybe some of the terms I will use will be incorrect
or ambiguous. I hope to be able to clarify any doubt you should have about it.

I am currently in the process of upgrading a SIP/TDM gateway from Asterisk
1.4.23 to 1.8.17. The gateway is designed to terminate SIP calls via TDM
through a switching equipment. Among the features for this gateway there is
handling for redirected calls, i.e. populating the outgoing RDNIS with
information from custom SIP headers.

In the past, (Asterisk 1.4.23, DAHDI 2.6.1, libPRI 1.4.12) this was
accomplished by setting CALLERID(RDNIS) and PRIREDIRECTREASON in the dialplan.
Tracing on the switching equipment, I noticed that the redirecting party had:
 - TON as set in DAHDI's prilocaldialplan
 - NPI ISDN
 - Presentation indicator always "allowed"
 - Reason as set in PRIREDIRECTREASON
 - Redirecting Party Number as set in CALLERID(RDNIS)

In the new setup (Asterisk 1.8.17, DAHDI 2.6.1, libPRI 1.4.12) I am instead
using:
 - REDIRECTING(from-num) to set the redirecting party number
 - REDIRECTING(from-num-plan) to set the NPI (to numeric value 1 - ISDN),
   because by default it was set to 0 - unknown
 - REDIRECTING(from-num-pres) to set the Presentation Indicator
 - REDIRECTING(reason) to set the redirecting reason

Everything seems fine, and using the new REDIRECTING function I have also
gained control on the Presentation Indicator (which was previously fixed), but
the RDNIS seems always to have TON unknown (instead of what specified in
prilocaldialplan - international). Is there a specific way to manually set the
TON as I did with the NPI, or is there some known issue with this mechanism?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Gianluca