[asterisk-users] Call drop weirdness

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon Oct 22 22:42:08 CDT 2012

I'm running Asterisk 10.7.0 with three sip trunks to my call
termination provider. For the most part everything works great.
However, at apparently random times and usually about 20 mins or so
into the call, the outbound audio stream dies. The call stays
connected and the inbound audio works fine. The thing is, it happens
on such an irregular basis (once or twice per day) that I can't get a
data dump to see what actually happens. Some times there is a bit of
artifacting which takes place just prior to the drop, but mostly
nothing: it just drops.

I've checked and rechecked firewall settings. Bandwidth consumption on
the Inet link varies, but the dropped audio happens even on off-peak
times.

I'm considering giving the Asterisk box a public IP on one IF and
bypassing the FW to rule out NAT weirdness.

Any thoughts on things to look at would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Chris