[asterisk-users] Call Presence for Offhook/Onhook Only

Chris Owen owenc at hubris.net
Mon Oct 22 15:17:27 CDT 2012

We have a customer with a dozen phones and they want nearly all of them to ring.    Unfortunately this causes a firestorm of call presence notifications that overwhelm something on their network.   Any existing calls get gappy audio for a few milliseconds when a new call comes in and when someone picks it up due to all the state changes between ringing and not ringing.  They have a T-1 dedicated to voice so it isn't a bandwidth issue per se.   We've been through a handful of routers and QOS settings but nothing has worked.   Turning off the busy lamps fixes the problem but of course that isn't really a long term solution.

Really I don't think anyone cares about the busy lamps for ringing.   They just want to know when someone is on the phone.

Is there any way short of hacking code that we can make notifications ignore changes involving ringing and just report inuse/notinuse?

We are using 1.8.x if that matters.

Chris

Chris Owen    - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net