[asterisk-users] asterisk as IVR using 3g usb modem

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Fri Oct 19 02:13:50 CDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 15:45 +0000, Mahendra Dobariya wrote:
> hi,
> I want to use asterisk as IVR system ,
> but to make and receive GSM call, i want to use 3g usb modem.(voice
> enabled)
> http://www.huaweidevice.co.in/Products/MobileBroadband/E303c.php
>

> and i want to install this system on two different machine
> 1> on mac os x -
> 2> raspberry pi- (debian wheezy)-->http://www.raspberrypi.org/
>

> thanx in advance..

Are you very sure about the last one (i.e. the r-pi)?
These have a very few resourses (cpu, mem)
If looking for something small, how about latest pandaboard, a bit more
expensive, but less limited:

http://www.hardware-modules.com/index.php?page=Browse&product_type=SBC&designer=Texas%20Instrument&module=Pandaboard%20ES%20(Texas%20Instrument%20-%20OMAP4460)&lang=en

And still cheaper than most intel-based sff-boards.

hw