[asterisk-users] Agents in more than one queue at once

Alex Forster alex at alexforster.com
Wed Oct 17 14:41:35 CDT 2012

My company has been running Asterisk 1.6.2.19-1_centos5 from the official
yum repo, and for a while now I've been receiving complaints from our call
centers about calls not being routed in the most efficient order.

I'll explain with a simplified scenario--

Let's say I have two queues: A and B. I have one agent, Alice, who is a
member of both of these queues. While Alice is busy on a call, one person
calls in to queue A, and then, several moments later, another person calls
in to queue B.

At this point, note that both callers waiting on hold are "position 1" in
their respective queues. A "queue show" might look like this...

> A has 1 calls (max unlimited) in 'leastrecent' strategy (0s
holdtime, 533s talktime), W:1, C:1, A:0, SL:100.0% within 60s
>    Members:
>       21 (Local/21 at from-queue/n) (dynamic) (In use) has taken 1 calls
(last was 533 secs ago)
>    Callers:
>       1. SIP/Trunk-0000eb17 (wait: 1:14, prio: 0)
>
> B has 1 calls (max unlimited) in 'leastrecent' strategy (0s
holdtime, 533s talktime), W:1, C:1, A:0, SL:100.0% within 60s
>    Members:
>       21 (Local/21 at from-queue/n) (dynamic) (In use) has taken 1 calls
(last was 533 secs ago)
>    Callers:
>       1. SIP/Trunk-0000eb1e (wait: 0:45, prio: 0)

My question is: when Alice gets off the phone, which call will she get? My
expectation is that she will get the call which has been waiting longer,
but I'm not sure that's actually the case.

Alex Forster