[asterisk-users] Motif/XMPP for Google Voice

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Oct 17 10:24:27 CDT 2012

Robert wrote:
> I again would recommend a more thorough explanation of the configsŠ

The sample configuration details the various options of the channel
driver and some very simple generic examples, they aren't made to "just
work" for various services and clients.

> I've been using Asterisk for years - but the configs for this need some
> explanation in the wikiŠ

How can they be made better in your opinion? What do you feel is lacking
and want to see? I feel as though what you are asking for isn't more
explanation of the configuration but more details on how to configure it
for use with *specific* services and clients. The sample tells you what
the various options means and how things work but the combination of
them ultimately depends on that. I would be fine with such things being
written.

> The "samples" contradict what the wiki has.. And as I indicated I could
> not get audio working...

The wiki entry available at
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Calling+using+Google details
using chan_motif with Google Voice in more detail. Can you explain how
it contradicts the samples in your opinion?

As for you not getting audio working - issues were discovered that have
been fixed. These fixes will be in the next release candidate. We also
changed a default setting to no for ICE support, this needs to be set to
yes for chan_motif to operate and I have updated the wiki to reflect this.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp