[asterisk-users] Automatic jump from line to line for incoming calls and the problem in DAHDI

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 03:09:56 CDT 2012

Dears;

I am facing the following problem:

Already we requested from the service provider to enable the auto jumping service for our analoge telephone lines, so because we have 4 telephone lines from the service provider, then if you called line # 1 and it was busy, then the call will be sent to any available line #2 or #3 or #4, and if you call line # 3 and it was busy then the call will be sent via any available line of these four lines.

This feature is causing a problem at the Asterisk PBX, so some calls are not handled properly (it is ringing and we do not hear the welcome message), also the outgoing calls are facing a problem because it seems that there is a confusing happening in dahdi to determine the available line.

I do not know really how the automatic jumping feature is working at the service provider and what is the effecting on the DAHDI and Asterisk that is causing to not responding for the DAHDI channels properly.

For more details to be sure that I described the behaviour of the auto jumping feature that I took it from the service provider, let us assume my number is 22446789, when I call this number and I look for asterisk CLI, I can see that the call came via DAHDI/3-1 and then I do another call to this line, I can see it via DAHDI/4-1 and I do another call to this line and I will see it via DAHDI/2-1.

Also, not all my calls are failed ... but some are succeed and some are fails, so the responding is not perfect. I am sure because of the auto jumping feature from the service provider.

Appreciate the kindly help and advise.

Regards
Bilal