[asterisk-users] RTP IP re-write

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 07:14:34 CDT 2012

I am having a problem trying to get a particular softphone working on my
setup.

The machine it runs on has more than one interface. When the softphone
registers, it registers fine, and asterisk is given the correct IP for
registration.

Whenever RTP is set-up however, the client gives the wrong IP to connect
to and I get the inevitable problem with one-way media.

Is there any way of forcing that SIP account to have the rtp always sent
to a particular IP. (I know that this still may not work, because the
device is probably listening on the wrong interface as well, but it's
worth a try).

I haven't been able to get a response from the vendor of the softphone.