[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 - ADDMEMBER event in queue_log not using member name [SOLVED]

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 12 02:16:57 CDT 2012

2012/10/11 Kinsey Moore <kmoore at digium.com>

> On 10/11/2012 10:31 AM, Olivier wrote:
>
>> 2012/10/11 Kinsey Moore <kmoore at digium.com <mailto:kmoore at digium.com>>
>>

>>     Hi Olivier,
>>     >My questions are:
>>     >1. Is it possible to configure Asterisk 1.8 (I'm using 1.8.12 but
>>     I can
>>     >upgrade to 1.8.17 if, and only if, necessary) so that ADDMEMBER
>>     entries in
>>     >queue_log refers to member name instead of member location ?
>>     >If positive how should this be configured ?
>>
>>     This feature is not present in Asterisk 1.8.17.  It was only
>>     committed to trunk since it is a change in behavior.  It is in the
>>     Asterisk 11 branch, betas, and release candidate.
>>

>> Now I'm seeing the related commit in Asterisk 11 changelogs (I closely
>> looked at 1.8 changelog but I didn't looked at Asterisk 11 branch).
>> I don't know if the corresponding patch is invasive or not but  having
>> the option to change Asterisk 1.8 behaviour would have been much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Is there any change to have this option considered ?
>>
> It is highly unlikely that this feature will go into an existing branch.
>  In general, new features are not committed to released branches.

Yes I agree that new features should be committed to new versions but in
this specific case, current 1.8 behaviour is all Queue events  but two
(ADDMEMBER and REMOVEMEMBER) are using members name for logging into
queue_log.

So, to me, queue_log content is currently inconsistent.

But as I also understand current installs might already have found a way
around (what I rate as a bug), maybe a configuration option would be
acceptable for all.

What do you think ?