[asterisk-users] Tips for installing and configuring Digum cards

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Oct 10 13:27:53 CDT 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, C. Savinovich wrote:

> - Not written anywhere, but the way chan_dahdi.conf is read, there are
> no [XXXX] separators, so any parameters in the file apply to the first
> "channel" statement it finds.

(I'm sure its written somewhere, I just can't be bothered to look right
now.)

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you specify the characteristics and
then specify the channels the characteristics apply to?

And aren't the characteristics 'cumulative' such that

characteristic-a = foo
characteristic-b = bar
channel = 1

characteristic-b = baz
channel = 2

results in channel 1 having foo and bar while channel 2 has foo and baz?

--
Thanks in advance,