[asterisk-users] a=recvonly

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Oct 9 19:01:16 CDT 2012

Jerry Geis wrote:

Hola,

> I am setting up with meetme a conf with X number of asterisk boxes and
> "other" devices and phones. I am using the l parameter for all devices
> being listen only
> but I'm not sure thats happening as I am getting some feedback (some
> devices are close to each other like 5 feet).

I've checked the code in Meetme and confirmed that feature should be
working as expected. I would suggest you do some additional testing to
confirm it isn't.

> How do I ensure that a=recvonly is being set or sent when bringing a
> device into the meetme?
>
> Can I added that to SIPADDHEADER or something?

Asterisk doesn't allow you to manipulate the SDP as such so I'm afraid
there is no way for you to change that value. Internally within
applications they just discard the media received under such circumstances.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp