[asterisk-users] Calling out on a group of DAHDI lines

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Tue Oct 9 15:41:49 CDT 2012

I found that I had to chmod 666 /dev/dahdi/*  to allow asterisk to use
the simulation channels.  The /dev/dahdi directory seems to be recreated
when dahdi starts.

Here is what I finally came up with that works for me.

system.conf
dynamic=loc,1:0,4,0
fxsks=1-4

dynamic=loc,1:1,4,0
fxoks=5-8
loadzone        = us
defaultzone     = us

chan_dahdi.conf
signalling=fxs_ks
context=simulation
group=0
channel=>1

signalling=fxo_ks
context=dummy
group=63
channel=>5

I can now dial out on group 63 and it rings in the simulation context,
which I forward to a SIP phone for testing.

Is that what you expected to see?

Mitch