[asterisk-users] Failover router recommendation

Niccolò Belli darkbasic at linuxsystems.it
Tue Oct 9 14:52:52 CDT 2012

Il 09.10.2012 21:24 Mike Diehl ha scritto:
> I hope no one considers this off topic...
>
> I have a phone customer who wants 2 Internet connections so that if
> one goes down, he can use the other for phone service.
>
> So, I'd like to get a recommendation for a relatively inexpensive
> router that can perform this function.
>
> Also, when the failover occurs, the phone's IP address will obviously
> change.  So, how can/should I configure this to minimize my
> customer's down-time?

http://www.traverse.com.au/geos21-dual-adsl2-x86-router-appliance

I achieved fallback in less than 10 seconds flushing routing cache and
nat tables with nearly zero false positives (I can do even better but I
prefer having less false disconnections).
I don't use this router but a Traverse Solos PCI Adsl2+ card and a
linux box.

Cheers,
Niccolò