[asterisk-users] Calling out on a group of DAHDI lines

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Oct 9 12:32:44 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 11:46:04AM -0500, Mitch Claborn wrote:

> (Now if I just didn't have to wait to get on-site where those lines
> are to try it.  Too bad there isn't a DAHDI emulator for SIP lines.)

You can use dynamic DAHDI spans to simulate this on a single box if you
would with DAHDI-Linux 2.6.0+. Something like:

In /etc/dahdi/system.conf use:
  dynamic=loc,1:0,4,0
  fxsks=49-52
  dynamic=loc,1:1,4,0
  fxoks=53-56
  loadzone        = us
  defaultzone     = us

And in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf:

  signalling=fxs_ks
  context=pstn
  group=0
  channel=>1
  channel=>2
  channel=>3
  channel=>4

  signalling=fxo_ks
  context=simulation
  group=63
  channel=>51
  channel=>52
  channel=>53
  channel=>54

Now you can start up asterisk and group 0 will be your "normal" group
and you can answer these lines in the "simulation" context.

Dynamic local spans have been around for awhile but I've only used them
on a regular basis since 2.6.0+.

Cheers,
Shaun

--