[asterisk-users] LDAP Driver and VoiceMail

Phil Daws uxbod at splatnix.net
Tue Oct 9 08:59:57 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Lists" <asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: Friday, 5 October, 2012 11:46:48 AM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] LDAP Driver and VoiceMail

On 10/04/2012 10:00 PM, Phil Daws wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am investigating the possibility of using LDAP for storing certain Asterisk configuration parameters.
>
> I have examined res_ldap.conf and see where mailbox can be defined from AstAccountMailbox but I do not see where the password can be stored ?

I've never looked at res_ldap but wouldn't a look at the schema tell you
that?

Regards,
Patrick
--

Have successfully converted the OpenLDAP schema to a 389 DS version and imported it into my DIT. Am now looking at https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/LDAP+Realtime+Driver so see how to configure Asterisk to query LDAP for the information. I see that one needs to configure res_ldap.conf to set up the necessary server and bind variables for authentication followed by extconfig.conf. What I am unsure of though is the following syntax:

voicemail = ldap,"ou=voicemail,dc=example,dc=domain",voicemail

so this would tell the voicemail module to query LDAP for the respective data under the OU voicemail. Now what if the query failed ? would it then look to voicemail.conf so that you can have a mix between LDAP and flat file configuration files ?

All help appreciated :)

Regards,

Phil