[asterisk-users] AVAILSTATUS always 0

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Oct 5 08:19:16 CDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Colp
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 7:57 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] AVAILSTATUS always 0

Jonas Kellens wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I do not want to know if the remote side may or may not decline the
> call, I just want to know if the SIP peer is registered or not. That
> is information that Asterisk has without placing a call. Placing a
> call to an unregistered peer would fail.

Indeed,

I just wanted to point that out about ChanIsAvail for other individuals who
may consider it magic.

--

One of you guru's out there should tweak ChanIsAvail to add an
${ISREGISTERED} variable.  Until then, an AGI using the shell thread from

In a nutshell
asterisk -rx "sip show peer 1104"|grep Status
  Status       : OK (42 ms)