[asterisk-users] I can hear my own voice through the headset

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Thu Oct 4 23:03:17 CDT 2012

On Thursday 04 Oct 2012, frangky robert wrote:
> Here is my IP-PBX setupmy setup is : sips softphone <-> asterisk <->
> xorcom PSTN gateway <-> pstn line to telcoi'm using xlite for
> windows when I make a phone call (sip - outgoing channel),I can hear
> my own voice so clear. it's very annoying mewhen talking a little
> loud... any solution? Thanks,

We've often faced this problem with SIP soft phones when the computer's
sound system gain was set too high.  You usually have to play around
with microphone gain settings to get to the point where the echo
disappears with the other party still being able to hear you.

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                          || raju at kandalaya.org   || GPG: