[asterisk-users] Fax for Asterisk success rates?

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Oct 4 14:50:02 CDT 2012

 From: "Carlos Alvarez" <carlos at televolve.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 1:18 PM
To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Fax for Asterisk success rates?

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Lee Howard <faxguy at howardsilvan.com>
wrote:
 I recognize that you're being a bit facetious in this latter comment
 No, not really.  I stand by it.  Useless and *should* be dead.  It's dead
and people just don't know it.    There is no adequate replacement for fax.
 E-mail doesn't do it
 Yes, it does.
  Well, if you were using stand-alone fax machines then that was part of
your problem.

 That was actually the only part of my post that was in jest.

 --
Carlos Alvarez TelEvolve 602-889-3003

Fax has been a long road in the VOIP arena and asterisk.
For T.30 & T.38 to ATA gateways you need the right mix of equipment at both
ends. Vendors that support T.38 or PRI's with good T.38 supported hardware
gateways work best.
On the fax gateway side Steve, and spandsp are god sent. Fax works well
when you get your karma in alignment you must set it up correctly.
Our systems have processed over 500,000+ faxes this year with very few fax
machine compatibility issues. From a technology standpoint  I too look
forward to the day where we can get rid of faxes, but from a business
perspective I am happy to process faxing for our paying customers.

Fax + Asterisk can work quite well.

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc/interNetGR)
(616) 855-1030