[asterisk-users] "Call me now" outbound calls in a queue

Ioan Indreias indreias at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:30:54 CDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Mitch Claborn <mitch_ml at claborn.net> wrote:

> I want to put a "call me now" button on the web site that will place the
> request into an asterisk call queue and then when an agent picks up the
> call in the queue, place the outbound call to the customer.
>
> The following AMI command works, but it calls the customer first, before
> an agent is necessarily available.
>
> Action: Originate
> Channel: SIP/voipms/customer_number_**here
> Context: external
> Async: true
> Application: Queue
> Data: sales
> Callerid: Company <8005551212>
>
> How can I get an available agent before the customer call is placed?
>
> Hello Mitch,

Hoping that the Queue application is not automatically Answering the line
(till an agent will do this) my suggestion is to switch between "who have
to answer" in order to progress to the second call leg. This means that the
Queue will be called through a Local Channel and the call to your customer
will be made through a Dial application.

Below is something to start with - in case it will work you could modify to
your needs.

[demo]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Queue without answer)
exten => s,2,Queue(sales)