[asterisk-users] Case-sensitivity of Dialplan variables.

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Oct 3 15:56:41 CDT 2012

On 02/10/12 09:02 PM, Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:
<snip>
> First you need to consider compatibility with currently supported
> packages which include auto-generated dial plans like AsteriskNow, PIAF,
> etc.  If you plan to break their functionality you need to at least
> coordinate your move with the maintainers.
>
> Then you may want to consider backwards compatibility with packages
> still widely used but not actively supported any more like Trixbox.
> Maybe not the best example as their WEB site says, "This is the current
> stable release based on Asterisk 1.6."
<snip>

I'm not sure that's really the case. This change would be trunk only,
and thus the first time it would show up would be Asterisk 12. Because
anyone migrating between major versions should already be looking at
CHANGES and UPGRADE.txt, this is just another situation where that would
be the case.

Deployments already based on a released major version would not be affected.

+1 to case-sensitivity. It's the right way!(tm)

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk