[asterisk-users] Case-sensitivity of Dialplan variables.

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Wed Oct 3 14:01:06 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

I agree that a configuration option is not the solution.  I am not seeing what the big deal is.  Software changes between major releases.  Someone is not going to, or at least they shouldn't if their livelihood depends on it, upgrade their machines without doing the proper preparation for upgrading.  That means reading the UPGRADE.txt file and outlining what needs to be done to upgrade their system if there are features they need in the new version or simply want to be on the latest version.  Then they should test those changes as well before putting it into production.

We are probably a year away from seeing a release for the version of Asterisk where this change would occur.  We are two years away from an LTS version of Asterisk.  So, I think there would be plenty of time for evaluation and testing to be performed by those affected.  Especially, as in the case of what Raj mentioned at the beginning of his prior email, not too many people may even be affected by this change just like he won't be.

Michael L. Young
(elguero)

PS:  If you can't tell, I am really for this change and doing so without any configuration options :)