[asterisk-users] Case-sensitivity of Dialplan variables.

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Oct 2 19:11:32 CDT 2012

At 02:19 PM 10/1/2012, you wrote:
>So respond here and let me know what you think. I got a couple of replies on
>the -dev list and they said that this would be good to put out on the -users
>list too.
>
>Mark Michelson
>
>In true Republican fashion, I'm going to vote for case-insensitivity.

Given that many of the users were not programmers and didn't likely
grow up in a case sensitive world I'd also vote for case
insensitivity. I fall into that category, I grew up with dBase,
Clipper and VB and case issues get me all the time when I program in C.

Allowing case insensitivity does not stop someone from using case
consistently and While I guess there could be a reason why you'd want
to use the word hash in the forms hash, Hash and HASH and have them
be 3 different items, I'm guessing that the people trying to get
their feet wet moving from Asterisk-Now to Asterisk would be confused
to say the least if someone did that in example code.

Ira