[asterisk-users] Call Termination Provider Madness

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Oct 2 18:17:33 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Chris Bagnall
<asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc> wrote:
> On 2/10/12 6:51 pm, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
>>
>> Your traffic level, number of concurrent calls, etc would help us know
>> what
>> sort of carrier you should be talking to.
>

> Equally important, your geographic location, and the geographic location to
> which most of your calls are made will be useful in helping list members
> advise you.

We do ~4000+ min of outbound calling per month and just about that
inbound. Not a large volume. We have four DID's (one of which is 800).

Our calling patterns are mostly the lower 48 with a smattering
international. We are located in NC.

RTP is the problem in the FW. I just cannot see opening all RTP ports
to $universal. But I'm probably missing a key piece of information.
:-)

Kind Regards,
Chris