[asterisk-users] How to remove the call waiting tone without disabling callwaiting?

Niccolò Belli darkbasic at linuxsystems.it
Tue Oct 2 16:12:46 CDT 2012

Thank you, I already considered such an approach but the customer wanted
to receive the new call *immediately* after the hangup (basically
because "it was possible with the old pbx").

This is how I solved: http://www.spinics.net/lists/asterisk/msg153399.html

Such a way I hear the annoying beep every 40 seconds. If someone knows
how to COMPLETELY REMOVE the fucking beep please let me know: there are
already tons of phones ringing everywhere so there is no need for an
annoying beep.

P.S.
By the way, I had a nice time with SNOM phones crashing and freezing
everywhere thanks to a bug while handling SIP ANSWERED ELSEWHERE. I
suggest everyone to upgrade to 8.7.3.15 beta.

Cheers,
Niccolò

--
http://www.linuxsystems.it