[asterisk-users] How to remove the call waiting tone without disabling

Niccolò Belli darkbasic at linuxsystems.it
Tue Oct 2 15:57:19 CDT 2012

Hi,

Il 02/10/2012 21:04, Mc GRATH Ricardo ha scritto:
> How about to change  tone list on indications.conf  file?

As I already said indications.conf doesn't work for dahdi channels,
unfortunately the callwaiting tone is hardcoded in asterisk itself (not
even in dahdi/libtonezone!). I solved patching and recompiling asterisk:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/asterisk/msg153399.html

Another good solution is to disable call waiting and using local channel
instead, as suggested by Warren Selby:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/asterisk/msg153424.html

Niccolò
--