[asterisk-users] MeetMe not fully in sync

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Oct 1 20:39:03 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Nope, that doesn't make any difference.  Disregarding the fact that
the underlying structure of the application is unchanged, you still
have n channels listening to some audio source.  Each channel will
have to have that audio sent on that channel.  The fact that DAHDI
doesn't have to do much in order to prepare the audio for those channels
just means it has less 'mixing' related work to do.

I may be missing something here, but - unless you have a business case
that requires some functionality MeetMe provides - it sounds as if Page
would be more appropriate than MeetMe.  Its certainly a lighter weight
approach to sending audio from a single source to multiple devices.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager