[asterisk-users] MeetMe

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Oct 1 18:21:04 CDT 2012

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012, Jerry Geis wrote:

> I am using Meeting on 1.4.43 with a handfull of devices, like 10 to 20
> in a Meetme.
>
> I can "tell" a difference (as two of the devices are close to each
> other) that they are not fully in "sync".

You would have to measure how many ms they are 'out of sync' to
determine if there is an issue or not.

If you want a real eye-opener, try talking and listening to yourself with
a cell phone on each ear. The delay can be several hundred ms and yet
nobody ever complains because in the 'real world' we never listen to 2
endpoints at the same time.

For future reference...

A better subject may yield better answers.

--
Thanks in advance,