[asterisk-users] Asterisk not starting (illegal instruction core dumped)

Adolphus Enaboifo adolphus.enaboifo at osenkorp.com
Tue Nov 27 06:05:54 CST 2012

Hi List members,
Thanks for the support so far as I try to install and test my first
asterisk system.
I was able to finally install asterisk-1.8.18.0 with libpri-1.4.13 and
dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1 according to the instructions given in
the online documentation (asterisk the definitive guide).
But while trying to start asterisk with the following command
"/usr/sbin/asterisk -cvvv" or "/usr/sbin/asterisk -c" I get the message
"Illegal instruction (core dumped)"
Kindly advice on what to do.

thanks

Adolphus Enaboifo