[asterisk-users] monitoring asteriks

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 00:54:52 CST 2012

Hi,

I had a zabbix <http://zabbix.org/wiki/Main_Page> monitoring server with
zabbix_agent installed on the asterisk server. Zabbix server requests the
agent to execute an AMI script and pull information about the phone in the
given argument to that function. That AMI script returned the 1 from the
OK(1ms) of the peer status and zabbix server printed that onthe graph.
As soon as the peer went unreachable Zabbix server has the ability to wait
for 2/3/X tries and trigger an email or action(i.e SMS or etc) to the
administrator.
That thing worked fine with minimum effort.

Also one of my student developed a C# GUI based tool which connected to
asterisk via AMI and shows the buddy icons of online users. (green for
online extensions and grey for recently timeout/unregistered) Like FOP -
That was a windows based utility. Such simple development can be good for
you too.

Like Joseph referenced there are other tools which you can experience as
well. Munin can be a good simple monitoring tool too.

Hope it will give you some pointers.

Regards,
Sammy Go.