[asterisk-users] leading ghost 0

Alex Kauffmann akauffma at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Nov 21 11:45:07 CST 2012

On 11/21/2012 10:53 AM, gincantalupo wrote:
> Alex,
>
> I had already tried it....reloading chan_dahdi.so module is enough...I
> saw Asterisk was behaving differently after reload. To tell the truth,
> setting pridialplan=unknown causes Asterisk to stop reading following
> channels configuration...it says pridialplan is already unknown so it
> stops evaluating chan_dahdi.conf file.... useless to say that all n+1
> channels do not work. Maybe it is a bug but with that parameter set in
> that way I cannot dial.
>
> I'm sure Asterisk is dialling the right number:
>
> [2012-11-21 09:05:29] VERBOSE[8314] logger.c: > [70 0b a1 33 34 39 3x 3x
> 3x 3x 3x 3x 34]
> [2012-11-21 09:05:29] VERBOSE[8314] logger.c: > Called Number (len=13) [
> Ext: 1  TON: National Number (2)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan
> (E.164/E.163) (1)  '3497078884' ]
> [2012-11-21 09:05:29] VERBOSE[8314] logger.c: q931.c:3134 q931_setup:
> call 32781 on channel 6 enters state 1 (Call Initiated)
> [2012-11-21 09:05:29] VERBOSE[8314] logger.c:     -- Called 6/349xxxxxx4
>
> I'm starting to think it is a telco problem... in case I'd change some
> parameter like pridialplan or similar, shouldn't I just see a leading 0
> in the frame like this:
> [70 0b a1 *30* 33 34 39 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 34] added by Asterisk/DAHDI??
>
> I've used this page as reference about frame fields:
> http://www.acacia-net.com/wwwcla/protocol/q931_ie.htm
>
> Thank you.
>
> Giorgio Incantalupo
>

> On 11/20/2012 05:23 PM, Alex Kauffmann wrote:
>> On 11/20/2012 8:03 AM, gincantalupo wrote:
>>> Hi Leandro,
>>>
>>> I'm sure nobody has added something... tried prilocaldialplan and
>>> pridialplan but nothing changed.
>>> Question: if pridialplan or prilocaldialplan would work, should I see
>>> the 0 inside PRI frame with intense debug or it is hidden?
>>>
>>> Yes...the technician did it...there is only one cable.
>>>
>>> Maybe it is the socket circuitry that has something wrong but I do not
>>> know ho to check.
>>>
>>> Asap I'll be on site I'll do more testing.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Giorgio

>> The prilocaldialplan parameter is for inbound so you would have seen
>> no changes.  Did you try:
>>
>> pridialplan=unknown
>>
>> Did you restart dahdi and asterisk after the changes?
>>
>> Alex
>>

>> --

Giorgio,

It looks like your pridialplan is net to national.  You can see that in
the line from your log that reads:

"[2012-11-21 09:05:29] VERBOSE[8314] logger.c: > Called Number (len=13)
[Ext: 1  TON: National Number (2)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan
(E.164/E.163) (1)  '3497078884' ]"

If I remember correctly, it should read "TON: Unknown Number Type" if
pridialplan was set to unknown.  Unless this has changed, reloading
chan_dahdi will NOT reconfigure Signalling, PRI, and SS7 parameters.
You have to restart Asterisk.

Alex