[asterisk-users] watchdog like functions

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Nov 21 08:30:21 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Switching to SIP is likely your best solution. IAX is buggy. Always
> has been, and I'll bet always will be.

Alright, I'll bite on this one.

Can you give any specifics about IAX being buggy, other than throwing out random claims? I understand it doesn't get the industry use and acceptance SIP has seen, but that doesn't automatically discount it's functionality correct?

If anything, I've found SIP to be more finicky, mostly due to far end NAT issues or general interop problems.

I guess I'm just curious about your IAX experience that would lead you to discount it as 'buggy'.

--Tim